Thread: Website upgrade for the Northern Illinois Horseshoe League

Downloads: 349
    Uploads: 97
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Website upgrade for the Northern Illinois Horseshoe League

Hello League members,

This year 2018, due to security issues, I was forced to upgrade our website from the old version vBulletin version 3, to vBulletin version 4. In addition to this software upgrade the backend language was upgraded from PHP version 5.3 to version 7.0 This information may seam a little technical, but the result should be faster page loads, better compatibility with most modern browsers and greater flexibility with addon's and plugins.

So far, I have been able to recreate the directions page, as you can see a link in the menu above. As of today, all the sponsor address's and name changes have been corrected, this might change after the spring meeting. I also recreated the downloads page for our weekly sheets. And created the 2018 sections in the forums. I enabled the Blog's page, possibly Terry may wish to make use of it, and the calendar feature in this version seams to work better and look nicer.

myke

Downloads: 349
    Uploads: 97
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got a few things I have completed on the site to mention.

1. I finished getting the directions page up again. See the link in the top navigation bar.

2. Added a Horseshoe video flash game I found for fun, you'll have to enable flash in your browser to play it. There is a chance I could get the scoring system working if I try hard enough, so the site would keep track of high scores. I'd need more feedback about it before I spend any more time on it.

3. I have not made much progress on it, but I was trying to create a FAQ page for the league itself. This would be added to the site's built in FAQ Page.